Monday, August 13, 2012

Aaaaaah - vacation reading time

I am off traveling for the last few weeks of summer break, and one of the things I love most about my long weeks of travel is the time I have to read. Today I spent half the day reading, and it was fabulous! The book I've been reading is one I think middle school students would love. It's called The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony. He's not the best writer ever, and in fact he even had a co-author, but his stories of the game reserve he runs in South Africa were fascinating and fun to read, so I didn't care so much about the writing itself. There's kind of a wait on this book at the Multnomah County library, but they do have it. If you're an animal lover - of elephants or any other type - I recommend you give this book a go! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer, and be sure to get your summer reading done, too. There are all kinds of things to discover in a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment